Sunday, November 6, 2011

JUST SOME CLASSIC

[ Our focus looms into a hostel room. Three girls sit around on their beds. Priyanka labors on an assignment due in the next week. Ankita is watching a movie on her laptop –eating, and Tania who has just entered seems to be settling her things, and making her bed. ]

Tania (settling down on her bed with a laptop): can you believe the picture I just bbmed you guys?

Priyanka : hmmm

Ankita: ya.. its some food. Dude! I can’t seem to get my mind to work since the past few days. I’ve been dazed and uncollected. I don’t want to work or read, or do anything I like. I’ve been a lump here, watching sitcoms and eating!

Tania (ignoring the second part of the interjection): You don’t get it! This lady’s trying to push it off as her cooking!

Ankita: so??

Tania: that’s not cooking! That’s assembly. She’s thrown in store-bought things together.

Priyanka: hmmm

Ankita: She can obviously do more than I can.

Taniaa: NO! That’s not the point. This is not COOKING!

Ankita( this time its her): hmmm

tania: Listen. Give me a name. I’ll start blogging about food on it. Right now.

Ankita: now? Ok. Mastication!

Tania: eh. Shut up.

Ankita: Bhukkad!

Priyanka: hmm

Ankita: ok ok .. gimme a bit, ill think

[this is followed by a while of similar kidding around]

Ankita: What about Tuck Shop Classics?! And then goes into a long series of explaining why it was an apt name….

[our focus now zooms into a text that Ankita is has typed out: It says: Tania just inspired me in a very strange way, and got me to being myself again. It’s strange. She often talks about food. About how she likes cooking and eating, and wants to monetize the same. Today she suddenly asked for a name for a blog and began writing about it. After a little messing around, we came up with one, and she started… after a year of stalling…just like that. Maybe I should get around to reading On Liberty now…]

Priyanka: hmmmm